Easy Fish Dinner
I believe that fish should be eaten barely touched. Sometimes simplicity can go a long way. This dinner didn’t cost me a lot, the fish was on sale for $4.99/lb and I already had all the ingredients at my house.
Easy Fish Dinner for Two
You will need:
And 1 and 1/2 lbs of this guy (This is a Porgy. They do very well baked)
1. Make sure that you remove any scale that your fish place didn’t remove properly. Nothing worst than finding scales on your fish while eating it. To do so hold the fish upside down in the palm of your hand and run the knife the opposite direction of the scales. Do it slowly otherwise you will have fish scales all over yourself. then rinse it out in cold water.
2. Make your marinade by crushing the garlic with a mortar and pestle – if you don’t have one just thinly slice the garlic. In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and smashed garlic and put aside.
3. Line a large baking dish with aluminum foil and place your fish in the middle. Stuff it with the parsley, thyme, the rest of the salt and pepper
5. Wrap loosely the aluminum foil around the fish. You will get a moist fish and some flavorful sauce by doing so
6. Let your fish suck up all these goodies between 10 to 30 mins in the fridge and pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Cook for 40 mins.
Serve with a little tomato salad and plain couscous or white rice.